Monday, December 26

We Three Pounds

Three pounds!

How can I gain three pounds in two days?!

I know, it sounds like I'm whining, but that's not a great rate to buy into. That would be nine by New Year's, thirty-three by Martin Luther King Day, and something like seventy-eight by President's Week. Seventy-eight! That's a whole 'nother eight-year-old boy. Just what don't want to be carrying around with me! Yikes!

Okay, obviously I'm panicking. I guess "We Three Pounds" showed up just like the Kings, "bearing gifts" and "travers(ing) afar"--that is, if "afar" can be Grandmas' and Grandpas' houses over the last two days.

But could I really have eaten two pounds worth?

I didn't eat two pounds worth of walnut kolachki, although I could have. They remind me of Christmases with Grandma Ashman--perfect---delicious AND sentimental! But even though Colleen CLAIMS she loves me, she also says she's done making Christmas cookies FOR-EV-ER!!!! That's okay, though, because she's also said she's never having another dog, and Lexie the pitbull really loved the cookies, too. Tee hee hee.

Hmm, I did get closer to two pounds worth with the chocolate fudge and peanutbutter buckeyes at Mom's house. And Shelly was so "kind" as to bring the leftover dips from her party for us to graze on Christmas day. Mmm, I can't resist a taco dip with real jalepenos! But calories eaten while standing up don't count anyway, we all know that!

I might have gone over the limit with lasagna and garlic bread for dinner. Mom's lasagna, especially the vegetable version, is irrisistable. And Faith's Ameretto cake (heavy on the Ameretto, of course) is absolutely heavenly. How can I resist having my cake and liquor, too?

So I COULD blame it on Colleen and Mom and Shelly and Faith. For twisting my arms, of course, and forcing me to enjoy all that food. Then again, it might have just a little to do with the numerous glasses of wine I've consumed. Ouch!

I'll have some making up to do this week.
"Guide us to thy perfect lite." ;-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Tina,
I finally got to read your blog, and I think it's great! You should go easy on the self-dprecating comments, though. For those of us fortunate (or psychotic) enough to know you, you are a "superstar" in your own right.
You have the gift of reaching young people without them realizing the impact you've had until much later. (I know, sounds the plot line of that Frank Capra Movie)Yours is a noble and often thankless profession, one that I would be too scared to do.
You and Tim have a lovely family, and I am proud to have you both as friends.
Merry Christams and Happy New Year.